Say Hello to Windows 7

1:57 AM Steph

Apart from the obvious fact that I don't have the moolah to spend on a new OS, much more a new notebook (my loyalty is still with my Acer though, mommy loves you Acer),  I've heard a lot of bad things about Windows Vista.  So up until now, I'm still holding on to my Windows XP.

But with the release of Windows 7, I think I now have the will to save up and buy a new notebook with Windows 7 in it!

Windows 7 has been officially released today, October 22... err, October 23 here in the Philippines.   




Here are the top seven features I think I will fall in love with:

1.  Aero

Windows 7 boasts of it's Aero desktop experience, which has been refined since Vista.  Aero is a set of visual effects that makes the desktop prettier while making it easier to look through the opended windows to find what you want.  It features a user-customizable translucent glass design which creates depth in the desktop.  Switching between programs is also a bliss because thumbnail-sized previews for the opened windows may be accesed through the taskbar.

Who doesn't want a pretty desktop? =D

2.  Improved memory use
Windows 7 runs fewer background services, thus reducing the memory needs when idle and reducing graphics memory requirements to launch and switch between windows.

This is especially useful for me since i tend to use a LOT of RAM-demanding programs for work plus some petty stuff (e.g. FarmVille, Photoshop, AI, YM... you get the picture) SIMULTANEOUSLY.


3.  Snap
Makes resizing and arranging windows a breeze!  Depending on the area where windows are dragged, they can expand to full screen, stretch vertically, or be placed side by side.

Another plus for me. As I tend to compare figures from different programs for work (while monitoring my web browser *haha!)


4.  Pin
Pin programs to the taskbar. Pin files to Jump Lists. Just like tacking notes on a bulletin board, you can use pin to keep the things you need close at hand.

I've always been a fan of the taskbar.  Makes life easier.  Keeps important programs and folders handy =)

5.  Search
Start typing into the Start menu search box—and you'll instantly see a list of relevant documents, pictures, music, and e-mail on your PC. Results are now grouped by category and contain highlighted keywords and text snippets to make them easier to scan.

Just like in the internet! Yeah! 

6.  Calculator
We gave Calculator a fresh look and new features. Go beyond basic math with conversion features and handy calculations, like fuel economy and lease payments.

Ohhhh... easier to calculate those science and math problems, without lugging a separate calculator!

7.  Sticky notes
Windows 7 improves Sticky Notes in several useful ways: you can format sticky note text, change its color with a click, and speedily resize, collapse, and flip through notes.  

For my TO DO list, minus my ugly handwriting. *hehe

I really need to get out of this poorita mode, quick!

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
View Comments »
Related Posts with Thumbnails