City Living = Horrible traffic!

10:00 PM Steph

One of the disadvantages of living in the metro - horrible traffic!


View Larger Map

My usual one-hour commute time from work turned into a grueling three and a half-hour journey towards home.  The whole length of Espana Boulevard was congested with traffic.  Quezon Avenue (Welcome Rotonda to Araneta stretch) was equally worse.  I had to change vehicles at Welcome Rotonda because the bus personnel opted to take E. Rodriguez Avenue as it offered better traffic flow.  I ended up sitting inside a passenger jeepney with a dozen men staring at my clevage (yes, I have one, thanks to wonderbra), and a huge water stain at my left pant butt cheek, no thanks to the rainwater dripping from the windows of the jeepney.


The almost four-hour journey was so unnerving that I called my little sis, making an excuse to know her whereabouts, when in truth I just wanted to keep my sanity in check by hearing a familiar voice amidst the sea of unfamiliar faces.  I had nothing else to do but wait, wait and wait.  Patience, is not my virtue.  And as I learned for quite some time now, doing nothing for an extended period of time drives me nuts!  I realized, i need to install games in my mobile phones or bring a paperback every time I go out just in case something similar to this happens again.

Thanks to Baby Garnet, my mood improved upon reaching home... I really love my baby dog!


p.s.
It wasn't a very good day for me.  Salary was just transferred by boss from his bank in Aussie.  I would be lucky to have it in my account by tomorrow. 
But it is worse for my friend.  She just lost her dad today in a manner so unacceptable, that it is so heartbreaking.  

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
View Comments »
Related Posts with Thumbnails