How to Kill a Cow... ummm corned beef

12:49 AM Steph

I was browsing through old photographs and I found these pictures:



  




The story:

We went on a fieldwork at *area withheld* with only a can of Argentina corned beef and a loaf of cheap bread for lunch.  We were with two local guides.  Unfortunately, they realized they couldn't walk that far enough where we, the geologists, would like to go (where the important stuff are located), so my colleague and I went ahead and left them.  It was a three to four-hour walk along moderate to steep terrane, one-way.  At lunch time, we realized we don't have our swiss knives with us.  The  local guides supposedly have gulok, but then they are two hours away from us. 

My colleague and I had to be creative.  The only sharp object we have are our geologist's sample picks.  We don't even have utensils.  So there.  We just ignored the fact that the pen and pick have gazillion germs.  Hungry, tired geologists need to eat. 

Comments:

blog comments powered by Disqus
View Comments »
Related Posts with Thumbnails